Blader class female counterpart - can we please have it? (link to petition)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• so it is as we were saying with counterpart classes, still good news, it does not saying anything about "some" classes will be gender lock, so i guess we expect to see counter class for blader and tamer too :)
    • Ike wrote:

so it is as we were saying with counterpart classes, still good news, it does not saying anything about "some" classes will be gender lock, so i guess we expect to see counter class for blader and tamer too :)

Exactly; All they say is that there is no genderlock, but that male and female skills may differ.
      The Sorcerer for instance has the Wizard as counterpart. That is what I found on that site. Sorce uses jewelry as weapon and the Wizard a staff.

I am an adept in using Google translate :D

• Silent Hunter wrote:

Ike wrote:

so it is as we were saying with counterpart classes, still good news, it does not saying anything about "some" classes will be gender lock, so i guess we expect to see counter class for blader and tamer too :)

Exactly; All they say is that there is no genderlock, but that male and female skills may differ.
      The Sorcerer for instance has the Wizard as counterpart. That is what I found on that site.

I am an adept in using Google translate :D

I will start looking to make a Russian friend :P
    • Arvalo wrote:

Correct me if im wrong but i think the blade female counterpart is tamer. That being said we don't know much about Tamer yet. Only that its no longer exactly what it was on the last teaser video.

From watching the videos the tamer is nothing even remotely like the blader in playstyle. The tamer seems to be a conjurer that conjures animals. The blader is essentially a martial arts type of playstyle. They're just not the same style at all.
      •.¸¸.•**•.¸¸.•

— You should seek the Journey. It's as a fine tapestry. Complex beyond comprehension —
      — Have you heard of the city? The deep city, the ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds —

❀ ❀ ❀

• Arvalo wrote:

Yeah but that so far as we know is supposedly the counter balance, they're the male and female asian themed one hand weapon characters.

Hmz, perhaps but it would be a very vague similarity.
      •.¸¸.•**•.¸¸.•

— You should seek the Journey. It's as a fine tapestry. Complex beyond comprehension —
      — Have you heard of the city? The deep city, the ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds —

❀ ❀ ❀

• If you read Slash's post about the questions asked at E3, one of them pertained to Tamer which the PA replied that the Tamer we saw in that trailer is not going to be what will be released. They are changing it entirely.

The above facebook SS is also really sketchy. The race question was ignored, and I'm pretty sure they just mean they will have the gender counterparts to a general class idea, as that would match up with what the PA said at E3.

Genders are locked; there will be counterparts with different skill sets. Deal with it ppl >.>

• Im ok with the Class gender counterparts. I do not view it as Gender locking. Never did, I took it at face value for its design intention the moment I heard about it. That being said I was already aware and have already commented previously on Tamers changes however not enough was said to use the word "entirely" I believe. I doubt they're redesigning the appearance of Tamer, and it is of course still called Tamer. Im sure it refers more to actual skills and class playstyle rather then the counterpart/purpose relationship within the world of BDO.

Tho until Tamer and Blader have been officially revealed its hard to really say with any accuracy. However that being said, the appearances and the summoning a sword/summoning a shadow spirit (if tamer still does and i would assume with that name it still summons something) the counterpart relationship is likely not being changed.
    • I like this style, you have male and female 'basic' counterparts, but different. No counterpart to the giant is fine.

Rei wrote:

If you read Slash's post about the questions asked at E3, one of them pertained to Tamer which the PA replied that the Tamer we saw in that trailer is not going to be what will be released. They are changing it entirely.

Oh no, that's terrible, the Tamer looked adorable visually and their abilities looked really intriguing. Summoning those black smoke-creatures, or whatever they were, to combat enemies looked amazing. And the mount trailer showed a Tamer riding on one of her smoke-monster conjurations. It had to be one of the more interesting and unique Classes I've seen in any game in a long time.
      “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.”
      - H.P. Lovecraft

• grumpymoose wrote:

Oh no, that's terrible, the Tamer looked adorable visually and their abilities looked really intriguing. Summoning those black smoke-creatures, or whatever they were, to combat enemies looked amazing. And the mount trailer showed a Tamer riding on one of her smoke-monster conjurations. It had to be one of the more interesting and unique Classes I've seen in any game in a long time.

I doubt they are changing her appearance, she's practically the BD mascot on their facebook. They are likely just reworking her mechanics.
    • Vee8 wrote:

I doubt they are changing her appearance, she's practically the BD mascot on their facebook. They are likely just reworking her mechanics.

I suppose that's something, but the abilities really did look interesting. The black monsters she summoned as attacks, and getting to ride on them too? That just got my imagination going. Maybe what they do instead will be better, I'll hope that's the case.
      “The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.”
      - H.P. Lovecraft

• grumpymoose wrote:

I like this style, you have male and female 'basic' counterparts, but different. No counterpart to the giant is fine.

Rei wrote:

If you read Slash's post about the questions asked at E3, one of them pertained to Tamer which the PA replied that the Tamer we saw in that trailer is not going to be what will be released. They are changing it entirely.

It hasn't been stated what's happening to her, but the way they made it sound is they wanted us to forget about the video. Hopefully that's not the case, but everyone saying "they won't change her much" is merely speculation.

I liked the speed shadow wolf-cat-dog thing too :<