Pinned Dungeons

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Black Desert will features many typical MMO dungeon types. PearlAbyss, the Developer of Black Desert Online is working on Solo, Group and Raid Dungeons. There are also some hidden open world dungeons and caves with Minibosses.

One of the Dungeon Bosses

~More coming soon~
    • I'm not sure but I read that parties will admit around 8 people and bosses are very different. Some are just walking around and can be killed be 1-2 people but some (and I hope this picture shows one of them) is able to be killed by around 50-60 people.
    • Disuben wrote:

I wonder if there will be instanced dungeons and if not how they will do it on the bigger end-game dungeons.

it has been confirmed there are instance dungeon
      there will be no map loading except for entering instances and special dungeons

The Best Player of the Best Players.
      Extremely Hardcore player down the core.
      Demolish everything in the way.
    • King wrote:

Disuben wrote:

I wonder if there will be instanced dungeons and if not how they will do it on the bigger end-game dungeons.

it has been confirmed there are instance dungeon
      there will be no map loading except for entering instances and special dungeons

I see, well for dungeons that isnt bad at all
      Would be weird if groups would start racing each other for dungeon bosses...
      The smartest people in history were all very strange...
      That means that I'm the most intelligent person in human history!
    • Game is Sandbox and as stated at the very beginning it contains theme park aspects like character creation or instances. As for instances it's also been said those will mostly be solo dungeons in order to continue Your story quest. What is more, if You heard about relationship with NPC, it is needed to have some dungeons instanced. If You are in good relationship with one NPC that gives You acces to specific dungeon other players who have no access there must be stopped somehow.

If You check footage from CB, for first 25 levels there is only one dungeon and it's open one. As for TERA that You mentioned in previous post sure they wanted to make sandbox but for known reason they made most dungeons instanced therefore from sandbox it's become full theme park. I wouldn't worry about it since PB made really good open world with exploration as we can see so few instances won't change fact that it's still sandbox and it's unique comparing to other games out there.
    • It make me worry exactly because it starting looks like Tera. Also beautiful world, exploration (at beggining jumping on mountains looked as unfinished elemnt of the game, and developers announced explore it will be possible) etc. and at the end they flooded game by instances.
      Question is how to make top gear - it will decide...
    • I'm not sure if You're even watching beta video footage or following interviews. There's no single element but action combat system that is common for both games.

Exploration is one thing, there is no reason to explore TERA other than to make a screenshot. Instances as I explained You aren't main focus of Pearl Abyss team and they are mostly related to story quest or relationship with NPC (aka extra instance). I even remember they said on fb profile long time ago (it was one of the first questions about instances) that if You don't want to You don't have to enter one.

If You are worried about not being able to kill people because they are in the instance then focus maybe on end game instead.
    • vires wrote:

I'm not sure but I read that parties will admit around 8 people and bosses are very different. Some are just walking around and can be killed be 1-2 people but some (and I hope this picture shows one of them) is able to be killed by around 50-60 people.
      I would love to some a couple humungous open world bosses that need a about 100-300 people to take down. Sure it can be a pain on crappy computers to have that many fighting in one area, but man would it be epic to see a fight with a boss that felt epic.

Lucifer wrote:

dat boss of the screenshot is so fuc*in awesome!
      It does, indeed!
    • Soelus wrote:

vires wrote:

I'm not sure but I read that parties will admit around 8 people and bosses are very different. Some are just walking around and can be killed be 1-2 people but some (and I hope this picture shows one of them) is able to be killed by around 50-60 people.
      I would love to some a couple humungous open world bosses that need a about 100-300 people to take down. Sure it can be a pain on crappy computers to have that many fighting in one area, but man would it be epic to see a fight with a boss that felt epic.

Lucifer wrote:

dat boss of the screenshot is so fuc*in awesome!
      It does, indeed!
      i hope they will have open and instance dungeons whit high bosses like Antharas from lineage 2 ( youtube.com/watch?v=kDkbVahrWsk ) game play of hardcore good old times.