PVE server?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I really do think that some type of battlegrounds would be helpful to all and maybe some type of reward for pvping. Maybe, just maybe there would be some of those that have just preferred pve a chance to try out some pvp and possibly like it.
      As this game looks now, the karma punishment has kind of killed open world pvp before it even started. So I wouldn't bet on their being much pk going on. I have played a lot of games with ow pvp and even though I would get killed, I would just suck it up and keep on going.
      It just seems a shame that a game billed for ow pvp has already killed it before it opens.
    • There are battlegrounds in the other versions but the general consensus is that they don't belong in the game. They're instanced, small scale, and generally pointless. Most people interested in PvP are playing BDO for the large scale wars and other more spontaneous encounters like PKing or PKKing.
    • I hear ya, I am just worried about the karma system it seems like they are discouraging pvp in a pvp game.
      Lineage had that karma thing too and you just never saw too many pvpers. I wonder though, maybe take the siege timer off or make it more frequent? I hate scheduled sieges, but then and again I am from Dark Age Of Camelot and used to their system after playing it for 15 years lol
    • PVP not interested button

It would be nice if there was just a option to turn off PVP so the player could not be targeted. Whats the issue with that??
      PVPers could kill everyone that could be targeted and PVEers could play the game in peace without harassment.
      All problems solved, seems simple enough to me...if later on the PVEer wanted to turn PVP they could.
    • Zenofia wrote:

It would be nice if there was just a option to turn off PVP so the player could not be targeted. Whats the issue with that??
      PVPers could kill everyone that could be targeted and PVEers could play the game in peace without harassment.
      All problems solved, seems simple enough to me...if later on the PVEer wanted to turn PVP they could.
      It would be abused, if someone was doing a trade run they would turn off pvp, and then once it is finished they would turn it back on. thus they cant be PKed and the pack is impossible to steal.

• make it a permanent choice

Well make it the choice at character build...once PVE selected (cannot be targeted and can only do PVE content... cannot do trade runs etc.. if they want to do PVP in future have to make another build. That way PVP does not have to be nurfed, and the gankers can gank all they want :)
    • Actually there is an easy way to entirely avoid PvP.
      Play an MMO that doesn't have it.

Asking to be able to completely ignore a fundamental mechanic like PvP is no different than asking to be able fast travel if you want to. It misses the entire point of a sandbox MMO.
      It's also pretty selfish, it's the same as if PKs had a button where they could kill anyone anywhere and ignore the karma penalties. The only difference is that it would fall in line better with how BDO is marketed in the first place. Which is an owpvp sandbox mmorpg.
      And that's never going to change, so if someone can't handle the occasional hostile player interaction then this isn't the game for them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Onimaru ().

• Zenofia wrote:

Well make it the choice at character build...once PVE selected (cannot be targeted and can only do PVE content... cannot do trade runs etc.. if they want to do PVP in future have to make another build. That way PVP does not have to be nurfed, and the gankers can gank all they want :)
      The game would be missing out on a ton of features. PKers is a fact of life and the smart should be able to avoid them. if not they deserve to be ganked (unless of course its a well organized guild.) this is not a carebear game, if you want pve go to the korean servers.

• Zenofia wrote:

points well made, just thought if ppl wanted to play that way they could but I see the big world picture now.. nuf said.. thx for comments
      For the most part, you can.

I think that the subject is way too exaggerated. As Oni and I think others have pointed out, one does not have to either put up with the extreme situation where they have to deal with PKs constantly nor do they have to partake in pvp at all. It's there, and it may happen ocassionally, but it's not like you can't find ways to play without avoiding it.

I think the point that some are making about it being a "fundamental mechanic" seems to make more sense as I've read more in this discussion. Thing is if I am to play pve for the most part, missing the "danger" of having to work around it is part of the game too.

I think in all honesty, if it is balanced well yes it will be a danger but not one you have to deal with around every corner and if you're one to want to take part in it, it's easy enough to find and engage in. Idk. I'm not real worried and I'm glad it's the way it is.

Oh and another thought - it is Never GOOD to segregate a community, period. I was thinking about this the other day. in the extreme situation where you make a pve and a pvp server it results in two smaller communities no mater how you look at it. in an MMO part of it's strength is having a large and diverse community all playing together cooperating and/or battling. Once you segregate a community regardless of the reason you end up with, as a company, two communities to manage and both with have similar and differing issues to deal with doubling your problems, imo anyway. it's just not a good idea. I think the karma system is a good way to regulate it, assuming they do it in such a way that does not overly restrict pvp players and makes it so there is some relative safety for pve players too.
    • Gosh, i have to say, at the first 2-3 Pages there are very toxic Community Members.

#Back to Topic:
      I have to say, for myself - that i like the Concept of Open World PvP mixed with the Karma-System. I'm a PvE Player myself, but this Game excites me because of the Possibility i could be killed by another player. So i have to be extra caution to avoid Danger. I can't say how the balancing is though, because this is the most important thing about such an System. Because it shouldn't be to open that PKers can abuse it and kill the joy for PvE oriented Players, but also not to restricted to drive PKers away. But in general i enjoy this System far more than the System which had ArcheAge. I disliked the idea/concept of PvE Zone and PvP Zones, because it seperate the PvE & PvP - in Black Desert(except the Citys) its the other way around. For me the Game is more like an PvEvP(or PvPvE) Game, where both aspects ar bound together.

So - in my opinion to offer PvE Server in general - or to give the Player a option to turn of PvP Completly would destroy the core of the Game. Also you would take away the Players who wants to PK their Playstyle so you restrict them.
    • So you basically say that if i want to enjoy the story\just levelup\crafting etc, i have to be ganked? I like the idea of completely turning off pve during non-pvp content because i am tired of "pros" who wait until i pull some mobs and then attack me. I want to explore the world and not wasting time on "standing behind some tree" waitng for the area to be clear of other players who just think they have bigger "thing".
      Display Spoiler
      Ye, come and speak of casuality or that i choosed the wrong game. While you make your dicks bigger with each kill other people have troubles with enjoying the game.
      Display Spoiler
      Feel free to speak of me quitting BD. If you dont like the idea that there are people who doesnt like some aspects of the game it is only your problems.
    • Obviously a bot wrote:

So you basically say that if i want to enjoy the story\just levelup\crafting etc, i have to be ganked? I like the idea of completely turning off pve during non-pvp content because i am tired of "pros" who wait until i pull some mobs and then attack me. I want to explore the world and not wasting time on "standing behind some tree" waitng for the area to be clear of other players who just think they have bigger "thing".
      Display Spoiler
      Ye, come and speak of casuality or that i choosed the wrong game. While you make your dicks bigger with each kill other people have troubles with enjoying the game.
      Display Spoiler
      Feel free to speak of me quitting BD. If you dont like the idea that there are people who doesnt like some aspects of the game it is only your problems.

That is a serious amount of ranting right there. If you don't bother people they won't PK you, the karma system is pretty good in that regard. Also, no rush to 45, there are 10k quests buddy.