PVE server?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Same for me. There is moments I want to relax by growing my character and enjoying social interaction talking/exploring/hunting with guild mates and friends without being interrupted by some PKer.
      Then there is time I like to get in to PvP action. But I don't like to be forced into it if I'm not in the mood for it.

      But apparently the new Karma system in last version on BDO is punishing enough as to prevent numerous random PKing. So that's fine by me.
    • I too would love for the NA/EU version to implement both rule sets in order for both sides of the community would get to enjoy the game. I know KR is all on one server with multiple channels, channels for both would be perfect. I think just having one version catered to one particular play hurts a game, carebears and pvpers need to have both so that everyone enjoys it. The main rule exists however, if your character is PVE it remains on the PVE channel and vice versa. This implies that if you are a PVPer, you cannot hide in a PVE just to level fast or hide from your enemies.
    • In Korea the PvP and PvE are barely related, you can play only PvE if you want. In fact you can play only PvP too at the same channel. Channels are not PvE and PvP. Anyway to play a MMO game only PvE is losing of time, because you will play solo. Now the crafting, the housing, the trade, the farming, most of the raid bosses, most of the mobs and dungeons are PvE only. The PvP is limited to fight, that barely affects the rest of the game. That is how the game looks pointless. In my opinion all the features shall be PvP oriented, because it must be a MMO - a game where players play with players.
    • bigbrutis wrote:

      I am not looking to get flogged by a bunch of PVE haters, just curious if they are going to implement a PVE based server so players that don't wish to do it have an option. Even a toggle to turn on / off PvP would work for me. Such a beautiful game, I hope they can cater to every type of player base.

      I love pvp i truly do - but as long as cash shop items and rmt exists in global for trade pvp amounts to nothing more than me standing in one place without using one skill while i let the opponent for better or worse get their kill so i can move on back to what i was doing -( those gamers are not worth my time nor have my respect) - those are the things that truly broke pvp. I'm too busy with other things to have time for that kind of pvp in any mmo.. taking a dump on the toilet reading tabloids for example might just be more important :O j/k :)

      so tho i prefer a pvp server in the current world of mmos i almost favor OP's suggestion

      edit: the best way to win in pay to win pvp mmos is not to fight. it pisses off your opponent in that they don't get good pvp they are frustrated, angry and complain.. In pvp that is a victotry.. crazy strategy but i consider it a win to waste their money and to piss them off.. GG FTW

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Cloaked ().

    • As someone who enjoys PVE in moderation I really need an explanation as to why anyone would want to stick to PVE in a PVP game.

      After a while PVE is the same thing. You know the mobs attacks. The boss does "this" at this time and "that" when he gets this much hp. And it blows my mind how anyone who knows all this and finds no challenge anymore is still entertained (Truth - over time they are not). A balance of PVP fixes that.

      Truth be told 9/10 PVE doesn't keep most games alive. It's the PVP aspects that make most end game and majority of the worth having content. Asking for a PVE server in my opinion is like asking for the easy route to money and leveling. Easy mode sucks, guys. It doesn't provoke you to play the game further because you don't have to "get good".

      Anyway. Check out any game forum and look about how much "PVE needs more" and look at the PVP section and you just see people enthused about trying new builds and such. PVE will always "need more" because it's a rinse and repeat people do to death.

      TLDR: I really hope they change the game to be more PVP centric and they never add PVE servers. Dip your feet a bit in the PVP aspects of the game. It'll elongate the life of any game you play.

    • Locket wrote:

      As someone who enjoys PVE in moderation I really need an explanation as to why anyone would want to stick to PVE in a PVP game.

      After a while PVE is the same thing. You know the mobs attacks. The boss does "this" at this time and "that" when he gets this much hp. And it blows my mind how anyone who knows all this and finds no challenge anymore is still entertained (Truth - over time they are not). A balance of PVP fixes that.

      Truth be told 9/10 PVE doesn't keep most games alive. It's the PVP aspects that make most end game and majority of the worth having content. Asking for a PVE server in my opinion is like asking for the easy route to money and leveling. Easy mode sucks, guys. It doesn't provoke you to play the game further because you don't have to "get good".

      Anyway. Check out any game forum and look about how much "PVE needs more" and look at the PVP section and you just see people enthused about trying new builds and such. PVE will always "need more" because it's a rinse and repeat people do to death.

      TLDR: I really hope they change the game to be more PVP centric and they never add PVE servers. Dip your feet a bit in the PVP aspects of the game. It'll elongate the life of any game you play.
      i'm sure you are a sweet girl and you had an interesting post - but people that have played legit pvp vs RMT or CASH SHOP trade for gold geared PVP know the difference and today all you find are RMT or CASH SHOP pvp mmos - and that is totally lame pvp - so why even bother?? it's worse than a boring pve server tbh - cuz it is even more of a waste of time

      EDIT: I too like pvp and the only way I would even bother with a pve server is if cash shop items are trade enabled or if there is rmt in global - if either exist the pvp is purely pay to win and that's very stupid kind of gaming IMO

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Cloaked ().

    • Cloaked wrote:

      Locket wrote:

      As someone who enjoys PVE in moderation I really need an explanation as to why anyone would want to stick to PVE in a PVP game.

      After a while PVE is the same thing. You know the mobs attacks. The boss does "this" at this time and "that" when he gets this much hp. And it blows my mind how anyone who knows all this and finds no challenge anymore is still entertained (Truth - over time they are not). A balance of PVP fixes that.

      Truth be told 9/10 PVE doesn't keep most games alive. It's the PVP aspects that make most end game and majority of the worth having content. Asking for a PVE server in my opinion is like asking for the easy route to money and leveling. Easy mode sucks, guys. It doesn't provoke you to play the game further because you don't have to "get good".

      Anyway. Check out any game forum and look about how much "PVE needs more" and look at the PVP section and you just see people enthused about trying new builds and such. PVE will always "need more" because it's a rinse and repeat people do to death.

      TLDR: I really hope they change the game to be more PVP centric and they never add PVE servers. Dip your feet a bit in the PVP aspects of the game. It'll elongate the life of any game you play.
      i'm sure you are a sweet girl and you had an interesting post - but people that have played legit pvp vs RMT or CASH SHOP trade for gold geared PVP know the difference and today all you find are RMT or CASH SHOP pvp mmos - and that is totally lame pvp - so why even bother?? it's worse than a boring pve server tbh - cuz it is even more of a waste of time
      So if BDO ends up being p2w you'll just hide in your pve server?

      That's all I got from that.

      I've played plenty of games where you can buy the best via cash shop. Yeah it sucks but it's my own fault for playing the game after finding out how p2w it was.

      b2p model is already a great choice on Daum's behalf and if they can follow suit with how other companies marketed the cash shop to match that then we are golden.

      But asking for a hole to hide in is really just. Hilarious. If you had any other reason to want a pve server I'd give some respect but come on bro. :P

      And totally yes. I'm such a sweet girl. :D

    • Locket wrote:

      Cloaked wrote:

      Locket wrote:

      As someone who enjoys PVE in moderation I really need an explanation as to why anyone would want to stick to PVE in a PVP game.

      After a while PVE is the same thing. You know the mobs attacks. The boss does "this" at this time and "that" when he gets this much hp. And it blows my mind how anyone who knows all this and finds no challenge anymore is still entertained (Truth - over time they are not). A balance of PVP fixes that.

      Truth be told 9/10 PVE doesn't keep most games alive. It's the PVP aspects that make most end game and majority of the worth having content. Asking for a PVE server in my opinion is like asking for the easy route to money and leveling. Easy mode sucks, guys. It doesn't provoke you to play the game further because you don't have to "get good".

      Anyway. Check out any game forum and look about how much "PVE needs more" and look at the PVP section and you just see people enthused about trying new builds and such. PVE will always "need more" because it's a rinse and repeat people do to death.

      TLDR: I really hope they change the game to be more PVP centric and they never add PVE servers. Dip your feet a bit in the PVP aspects of the game. It'll elongate the life of any game you play.
      i'm sure you are a sweet girl and you had an interesting post - but people that have played legit pvp vs RMT or CASH SHOP trade for gold geared PVP know the difference and today all you find are RMT or CASH SHOP pvp mmos - and that is totally lame pvp - so why even bother?? it's worse than a boring pve server tbh - cuz it is even more of a waste of time
      So if BDO ends up being p2w you'll just hide in your pve server?

      That's all I got from that.

      I've played plenty of games where you can buy the best via cash shop. Yeah it sucks but it's my own fault for playing the game after finding out how p2w it was.

      b2p model is already a great choice on Daum's behalf and if they can follow suit with how other companies marketed the cash shop to match that then we are golden.

      But asking for a hole to hide in is really just. Hilarious. If you had any other reason to want a pve server I'd give some respect but come on bro. :P

      And totally yes. I'm such a sweet girl. :D
      No i wont hide at all n a pve server... In fact i will make sure I make every pvp kill for anyone doing pvp absolutely as frustratingly boring as potentially possible to ensure they get extremely pissed off and frustrated with their credit card wins.. it's a blast to do!! I love doing it! they get so mad and complain about bad pvp - i think it is adorable..


      edit: the sad part is tho that's what trade enabled cash shops and rmt has done to pvp - that really isn't gaming.. there is a much more fun part to gaming .. that as long as these two exist - you really wont see what mmo/gaming is.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Cloaked ().

    • I have come to a conclusion that we indeed should have PVE server, and maybe, and its a big if, a PVP server if developer would grant it.
      Carebears would be like this on PVE server:
      -"hey"
      -"hey, watcha doing?"
      -"nothing much just maxed out 1001 dmg on this sandbag"
      -"ooh, cool. I have only managed to dmg 999. Show me ur cookie cutter build plz!"

      On the other hand we pvpers could then get our manly mens hardcore PVP server:
      -"hey"
      -"hey, watcha doing?"
      -"nothing much just DESTROYED THIS PUNK ASS ENEMY GUILD TO DUST!"
      -"O-okay !!"
    • Yeah i know. But what i meant was that if there was PVE servers for carebears then we could get our PVP servers with CBT1 ruleset feels. Not this halfassed OWPVP: "oh you PKed 3 ppl. Now you have -9999999999 karma". System tells to you basically to f*ck off, grind 1000+ hours stupid mobs or delete your character. That doesnt really encourage pvp...
    • Dying isn't the end of the world, that is it's common in many games of various genres. I've played on a PvP server in Tera, and if there is anything I dislike about the pvp is safezones. Kill a player and run into a safe zone. There are/were players genuinely ready to kill off pesky noob pkers but there isn't much to be done due to safezone combat invulnerability.
      Heck when leveling up, we've gotten killed in pvp (got surprise attacked) so we regrouped, got another member, and came back with added ferocity ready to fight.

      That's to say loosened PvP restrictions doesn't necessarily mean you'll be killed unrestrained as there are players willing to bring (at least try) justice to offending killers.
    • Yeah, it doesn't happen nearly as often as all the carebears fear. We've been playing the RU OBT a ton and we've only come across one or two PKs. And if they get their karma bad enough they get attacked by guards and can be killed by players anywhere but can't attack back inside of safezones.
      Honestly the carebears should be happy with the way it is now, because it actually needs to be revamped to make OWPvP have more meaning and be more relevant in the world.
    • Valkelys wrote:

      Same for me. There is moments I want to relax by growing my character and enjoying social interaction talking/exploring/hunting with guild mates and friends without being interrupted by some PKer.
      Then there is time I like to get in to PvP action. But I don't like to be forced into it if I'm not in the mood for it.

      But apparently the new Karma system in last version on BDO is punishing enough as to prevent numerous random PKing. So that's fine by me.
      I agree with this. There is a time and a place for PvP, and I dont't want to be forced into a PvP situation when i'm questing or exploring. I don't find PK fun, exciting, immersive, or anything good for me. Seems like neither do most people, hence the huge karma penalty for PKing.
    • That's the whole point of OWPvP, especially one where combat is the main function of the game. The challenge and excitement of danger being a constant possibility instead of just predetermined mob zones and the random encounters with PKs and PKKs is the whole appeal of MMOs like BDO. If people don't like that kind of thing then they're signing up for the wrong kind of game.

      Having everything predictable and knowing exactly what and where is safe at all times is exactly why they call those kinds of games themepark MMOs.
      Saying "PKing isn't fun for me so it shouldn't exist." is the same as a PK saying that there shouldn't be non-combat mechanics or that there shouldn't be any counter-balances to PKing at all.

      But there's not that many PKs, steep penalties, and plenty of safe zones where PvP isn't possible so people need to stop worrying about it.
      Also, the karma is much more lenient on the RU version. Which most of BDO's fanbase likes since we got invested in the game at least partially for the PvP mechanics.
    • HayamaLannius wrote:

      Valkelys wrote:

      Same for me. There is moments I want to relax by growing my character and enjoying social interaction talking/exploring/hunting with guild mates and friends without being interrupted by some PKer.
      Then there is time I like to get in to PvP action. But I don't like to be forced into it if I'm not in the mood for it.

      But apparently the new Karma system in last version on BDO is punishing enough as to prevent numerous random PKing. So that's fine by me.
      I agree with this. There is a time and a place for PvP, and I dont't want to be forced into a PvP situation when i'm questing or exploring. I don't find PK fun, exciting, immersive, or anything good for me. Seems like neither do most people, hence the huge karma penalty for PKing.
      PvE and PvP are practically the same from the surface as well. Certain some of us have ran past aggressive monsters that attack on sight. Hell if those monsters are too strong we might possibly get killed in the escape. A person initiating pvp is not much more different than an aggressive monster except.... you don't know it's aggressive. A more powerful player is the equivalent of a more powerful enemy and compared to the mobs of BDO players are much more intelligent. PvE encounters are simply more predictable, controlled and sustained. PvP encounters bring uncertainty and takes away player control (for the non-active participant.) When control is taken out of your hands, it's not uncommon to be anxious.

      As Onimaru says the RU version's Karma system isn't quite as strict and I'd imagine the western release would be similar as well.