MMOs available on the West Now that is similar to Black Desert

• i agree vinidictus was fun but this instance thing was not my idea felt more like in an arena instead of an dungeon. was very similar to c9 controller wise meant. as for BDO i don't know so many say it is bad things of what i have seen it looks better then the blade and soul thing . i would say more like eso should have been.
    • bloomwarren wrote:

i agree vinidictus was fun but this instance thing was not my idea felt more like in an arena instead of an dungeon. was very similar to c9 controller wise meant. as for BDO i don't know so many say it is bad things of what i have seen it looks better then the blade and soul thing . i would say more like eso should have been.
      I love the combat mechanics and controls so much in BDO. I have played Blade & Soul also and again the combat there is not horrible but pales in comparison to how much I like the Black Desert combat. Of course this is only my take on things XD
    • s4ndm4n2006 wrote:

bloomwarren wrote:

i agree vinidictus was fun but this instance thing was not my idea felt more like in an arena instead of an dungeon. was very similar to c9 controller wise meant. as for BDO i don't know so many say it is bad things of what i have seen it looks better then the blade and soul thing . i would say more like eso should have been.
      I love the combat mechanics and controls so much in BDO. I have played Blade & Soul also and again the combat there is not horrible but pales in comparison to how much I like the Black Desert combat. Of course this is only my take on things XD
      well since i have not seen BDO for real and those who have compare it too much with other titles witch is a mistake its something different . and maybe the end of my odyssey who knows.
    • s4ndm4n2006 wrote:

Vindictus was a fun game back when I played it but I wouldn't go as far as comparing it to BDO at all. The combat was great at the time but definitely not as good.

Tera well I've tried it on multiple occasions and I cannot get into that game, combat even more so than vindictus is far from on par with BDO, the cartooniness fits the game but part of what makes BDO so amazing is that it's a somewhat realism based MMO (albeit fantasy races and creatures). The battle system in Tera in the short time I played bored me very quickly
      I can understand where you're coming from. When I mention the PvP/PvE content, I'm not referring just to combat, which BDO excels in droves, but the general satisfaction I have in the gameplay. The problem is (from what I've seen so far with my limited experience in this game) the implementation of this excellent combat system into the gameplay itself. I've played all of the above games for at least 3 months, with C9 in particular for over 3 years, on and off.

What BD lacks in PvE are mobs where you are required to use your full skillset to survive against - you have a whole arsenal of amazing skills with iframes, blocks and dodges - but you're not challenged enough to use your skillset to its full potential. It's... too easy. The AI on the bosses and minibosses is not particularly challenging, and their stats even less so. I barely use my moves with frames against mobs, so far it feels like I'm killing things by facerolling the keyboard.

BD's karma system is very iffy and as such, puts down the PvP content. When you have people annoying you enough to attack them to force your karma to drop, you know that some changes need to be made so that PvP becomes more rewarding for players to want to engage in them. I have no place commenting about the guild war/siege system as I'm not in a particularly good guild, but I'll withhold my judgment for now.

The most similar games to BD (combat-wise) are C9 and BnS - the former of which PvP is more accessible and possibly the most complex in an ORPG, although the instanced PvE leaves a lot to be desired; and the latter has better utilization of skills overall, although I hate the super korean aesthetic of the game. Vindictus has different, slower but more deliberate combat system as compared to C9/BnS/BDO, but my god are the end game raids fun. BDO is definitely a better game than TERA, which I feel has a terrible PVP community and is a badly optimized game, but likewise, has a stronger PVE scene at the endgame.

Having said that, BDO is undeniably a more massive game that excels in everything else. The graphics are amazing, it's an open-world sandbox where I can transition seamlessly between areas, I can catch horses like pokemon, I can play Sims 4, I see sweat and rain dripping down my body, Calpheon is the best and most alive city I've ever seen in an MMO etc. I could go on. I'm sold on this game because of all these reasons, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the casualization of the combat in this game. Of course, I'll eat my words if Valencia turns out to be an amazingly fun experience (which I'll see tomorrow after the patch in the JP server).

My 2c!
    • Frizfroz wrote:

s4ndm4n2006 wrote:

I can understand where you're coming from. When I mention the PvP/PvE content, I'm not referring just to combat, which BDO excels in droves, but the general satisfaction I have in the gameplay. The problem is (from what I've seen so far with my limited experience in this game) the implementation of this excellent combat system into the gameplay itself. I've played all of the above games for at least 3 months, with C9 in particular for over 3 years, on and off.
      What BD lacks in PvE are mobs where you are required to use your full skillset to survive against - you have a whole arsenal of amazing skills with iframes, blocks and dodges - but you're not challenged enough to use your skillset to its full potential. It's... too easy. The AI on the bosses and minibosses is not particularly challenging, and their stats even less so. I barely use my moves with frames against mobs, so far it feels like I'm killing things by facerolling the keyboard.

BD's karma system is very iffy and as such, puts down the PvP content. When you have people annoying you enough to attack them to force your karma to drop, you know that some changes need to be made so that PvP becomes more rewarding for players to want to engage in them. I have no place commenting about the guild war/siege system as I'm not in a particularly good guild, but I'll withhold my judgment for now.

The most similar games to BD (combat-wise) are C9 and BnS - the former of which PvP is more accessible and possibly the most complex in an ORPG, although the instanced PvE leaves a lot to be desired; and the latter has better utilization of skills overall, although I hate the super korean aesthetic of the game. Vindictus has different, slower but more deliberate combat system as compared to C9/BnS/BDO, but my god are the end game raids fun. BDO is definitely a better game than TERA, which I feel has a terrible PVP community and is a badly optimized game, but likewise, has a stronger PVE scene at the endgame.

Having said that, BDO is undeniably a more massive game that excels in everything else. The graphics are amazing, it's an open-world sandbox where I can transition seamlessly between areas, I can catch horses like pokemon, I can play Sims 4, I see sweat and rain dripping down my body, Calpheon is the best and most alive city I've ever seen in an MMO etc. I could go on. I'm sold on this game because of all these reasons, but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the casualization of the combat in this game. Of course, I'll eat my words if Valencia turns out to be an amazingly fun experience (which I'll see tomorrow after the patch in the JP server).

My 2c!
      Well you've made some great points here and there really isn't anything to disagree with although on the pvp end of things I have no opinion at all since I have neither played pvp in any of the previous games nor bdo at all.

I will agree I can see where you're coming from with the combat needing to be more challenging in pve and the mobs and bosses needing to have better ai. Although during combat I know that it could be more challenging, somehow for me it remains engaging.

But then as I read your post, prior to your ending paragraph I was thinking about adding just that - the additional ways to play bdo that make it so much more. I love the fact that on any given day I'm not stuck with grinding out quests and fighting mobs but can do something completely different and it's not just features that feel like they were just stuck on at the last minute to please the "crafters" or other gamers but the systems are relatively robust with the trading, crafting, etc.
    • the point is that aside alpha witch was a mere test and if the mobs are so easy to defeat i would consider it more training for the real thing like world boss dungeons or pvp sure it lacks in pve content and pvp is also debatable. but BDO is still in development that is good so may i suggest that you make that suggestion on the offical server to tell the dev where the weakspots in their mmo are and give them a peace of mind .
      Hopefully with enough suggestions they may be able to improve this BDO to a better version.
    • s4ndm4n2006 wrote:

Frizfroz wrote:

But then as I read your post, prior to your ending paragraph I was thinking about adding just that - the additional ways to play bdo that make it so much more. I love the fact that on any given day I'm not stuck with grinding out quests and fighting mobs but can do something completely different and it's not just features that feel like they were just stuck on at the last minute to please the "crafters" or other gamers but the systems are relatively robust with the trading, crafting, etc.
      Oh yes, of course. That's why I'm still playing this game now - not because of the primary gameplay, but because of the wealth of other things to do. It feels kind of like Skyrim to me - the main game is not the best, but the secondary content makes up for it. I'm afk-leveling my horse to pimp my ride as we speak, haha.

@bloomwarren The game is actually like this in its present state, outside the alpha test in NA/EU. I believe a lot of people have submitted feeedback already, but the Korean developers specifically insisted on keeping things this way to cater to the more casual crowd in their country. As far as I know the Japanese server (that I play in) uses everything that the Korean server has. The Russian server changed things a little and it's supposedly more difficult there. From what I hear they are willing to adapt the game to what they think fit the needs of the NA/EU playerbase, so hopefully it'll become even better then.

(quote from the dev interview):

"Can we expect major changes compared to the Korean Version?

All I can say for now is that we are giving a particular attention to the feedback from the US/EU players who played the Korean version so we constantly keep their expectations in mind regarding every BDO US/EU topics. Furthermore, we are building here a solid team with people having many years of experience. As we progress towards the Alpha, we’ll be able to go into more specifics. It goes without saying that the early test version and alpha feedback from the community will be invaluable to us."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Frizfroz ().

• Coach Factory Outlet

Coach Outlet

Coach Outlet Stores

Coach Factory Outlet

Michael Kor Outlet Online

Michael Kors Factory Outlet

Michael Kors Outlet Store Online

Michael Kors Outlet

michael kors outlet online

Coach Outlet online

Michael Kors Handbags

Coach Handbags Outlet