Armor, Weapoint, Guild and Quest. Create the difference!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Armor, Weapoint, Guild and Quest. Create the difference!!

Hello Guys :D

I wanted to ask, in the game there is a wide variety of weapons and armor?

would be great if there are lots of weapons in the game (Normal, unusual, rare, unique and epic) I would love to see the difference between people.
      I think it's cool to see people walking around dressed different.

for example to get the rare weapons and armor you must kill a boss (which spawned only once and maybe very strong) or complete very difficult dungeon
      What do you think?

I have seen in the various videos of the black desert that people are all dressed alike.

what do you think if you can craft the clothes of different colors or different shapes? (drawings, logos, trademarks)

if we put the guild quests rare? only to guild stronger and more numerous?

where the award of the quest could be an object / weapon / armor unique that you can sell to raise guild reputation?

let me know what you think, greetings ekeron :thumbsup: (sorry for my english :/ )
    • Unfortunately there is not high variety of weapons/armors so far. I hope that was only for the betas, the only thing you could do to change it, was the new dye system but that only change the colors.

They have mentioned that epic bosses will drop epic material to CRAFT epic items. Hope will be actually epic and only 3 - 10 ppl max will be able to make them after a time of one year of release. Like antharas on L2, was not even killed the first 3 years after release (at least for the EU/NA servers).

To craft items with your personal shape, is pretty hard thing to add to the game, although to be able to choose the color of the armor the moment you crafting it like the dye system sounds pretty good idea :)

Although they have not add a great number of quests for guilds, making a rare quest for guild which will actually give weapons and armor to be honest I found it bad idea, lvl 5 guild can host 80 members, will that quest give 80 weapons/armor? And be epic? not good.
    • hello @Ike, thanks for the reply

with the guild mission
      I thought as a reward to a single unique weapon that can not be used but only sold at an extremely high price (the proceeds will then be divided among the members) or inserted into the sort of page / Palmares guild. All this will be then chosen by the creator of the guild
    • yes, but adding a weapon that can be taken by a quest, you cant conciser it as epic. Because members of a guild will just make new guilds, make it lvl 5 really fast, and repeat the quest over and over to take the weapon/armor. Except if your guild needs to have some kind of reputation to start the quest, although there is not such thing in BDO yet. Or you might need a castle something like that :P

Still, getting a epic weapon/armor from quest, is bad idea no matter how hard it is, people will find ways to do it over and over.
    • ekeron wrote:

but then would allow ALL types of players have that particular weapon? that there would be no reason to call it epic or unique

That is the exactly point that I want to reach, so what is the point to have a quest that will give you a unique item in order to increase the guilds reputation? I might be wrong but guilds does not have a reputation system which says the guild with the higher reputation is the top guild of the server.
    • i don't think the guild quest is a bad idea you could have like defend the miners or gatherer to get a rare resource in a dungeon and only one that makes team fighting and strategic fighting a must.
      and make a weapon that will be divided in the party at random to keep it fair.i also believe in a dividing system in the giant guild and make quest for the guilds that can be outsourced to these teams go get monney and fame for the guild.a huge guild of 80 members can never really cooperate on a level a small guild can and by making teams wich are fair like 10 people strong you get like a proper managemen function in and from a guild.
    • troy00114 wrote:

i dont think the guild quest is a bad ea you could have like defend the miners or gatherer to get a rare recorce in a dungeon and only one that makes team fighting and strategic fighting a must.
      i also believe in a dividing system in the giant guild and make quest for the guilds that can be outsourced to these teams go get monney and fame for the guild.
      a huge guild of 80 members can never really cooperate on a level a smal guild can and by making teams wich are fair like 10 people strong you get like a proper managemen function in and from a guild.

Sorry mate, but 80 people are very few. I have been in fights with 300 people in 1 ally and the co-operation was great. The only thing you need, is the right leader, and only 1 guy lead on the fight.

But yes, it is hard but not impossible.
    • Sorry mate, but 80 people are very few. I have been in fights with 300 people in 1 ally and the co-operation was great. The only thing you need, is the right leader, and only 1 guy lead on the fight.[/quote]

leaving realy big fights out my question to you is in a guild of lets say 300 people real teamwork or are most just doing what the want until a big fight
    • I fought in large scales battles in L2 too. They were amazing, very well organized, and there were usually hundreds of players involved. In fact the greatest battle was among over 2 thousands of players - 2 large alliances, with many supportive clans at both sides of the battlefield. It was epic. Arena fight is not bad, but it is far, far away from a massive battle like that. There is guild quests here. But they do not give epic weapons, and like Ike say, they must not. The reputation system is another stupid themepark thing. The reputation is what other players think about you, and it cannot be counted with some artificial points.
    • Ike wrote:

Sorry mate, but 80 people are very few. I have been in fights with 300 people in 1 ally and the co-operation was great. The only thing you need, is the right leader, and only 1 guy lead on the fight.

But yes, it is hard but not impossible.

Ikcen wrote:

I fought in large scales battles in L2 too. They were amazing, very well organized, and there were usually hundreds of players involved. In fact the greatest battle was among over 2 thousands of players - 2 large alliances, with many supportive clans at both sides of the battlefield. It was epic. Arena fight is not bad, but it is far, far away from a massive battle like that. There is guild quests here. But they do not give epic weapons, and like Ike say, they must not. The reputation system is another stupid themepark thing. The reputation is what other players think about you, and it cannot be counted with some artificial points.

Sorry guys but Troy got a point, and even if he don't point the good problem having 80 member in one guild is dumb ( btw the max is 100 member ).
      Because having more than 50 member in a guild just end in a factory of people, something military, who nobody know each other and where there is group of friend in group of friend to finally make something like a "guild"... But they jbarely share the same goal there is NO friendship, they just share the same chat window, its even worse there is anger between players in most of those BIG guild, with scam etc
      On L2 with the 120 member per guild, Leaders created constant party (CP) wich are fix group of people you play everyday, you will never play with someone else in the guild than those guys.
      The russians started that, it is very efficience but also bring animosity.

Im totaly againts big guild, every fight will end into zerg, like we could notice on the CBT3 where the clan who kept Calpheon Castle recruited over 80 players just before the siege begining...
      Understand that im not againts big fight scale event, im not againts guild ally neither wich creat conflict and political issue when 3 or 4 clan agree to "zerg" but when one clan can zerg by just rushing the recruitement it's retarded.
    • troy00114 wrote:

yea and if you go with the huge guilds then go full military with squads squad-leaders and missions for the squads to do.

the problem with that is the quild leader is as close to the squad as the president to the soldiers

I was thinking the same thing that you wrote

however, I thought that the idea of using a tincture / logos / trademarks on dressed can also be used on the saddle horses, or the use of a mantle with color chosen
      obviously it will need to to craft
    • They just have to put very hard quest or expensive item to Lv up the guild...On CBT3 only few money was needed to Lv up the guild to 100 slot.

On L2 at the begining it was VERY hard to have a Lv4 guild with the 60 members limit, majority of ppl stayed Lv3 guild with the 40ppl limit to just siege and have a guild crest.
      The Lv3 guild quest was hard already, and needed organisation, since trhe leader had to drink a poison an his members should go around the world to find ingredient to cure the leader in a limited time or he died ^^ ( i died )
    • i hope there will be a way to make a name for yourself in something other then combat prowess ,like crafting cooking and fishing.
      and
      that it comes with something more than the level you have but you actually need to put effort in training crafting specific things or gathering stuff, so for the people who are providing potion to the whole guild or crafting tons of armor have a advantage over the people who just train their smiting to max level lvl
    • Fei wrote:

On L2 with the 120 member per guild, Leaders created constant party (CP) wich are fix group of people you play everyday, you will never play with someone else in the guild than those guys.

You know what would be totally rad, if this was implemented in the guild system. It would track stats of those "squads" (like farming, total damage dealt, crafting etc. you get the point) and put them on leaderboards, so even if you didn't know all members, the best would be recognized by guildies like "HA! Those are the top dawgz, better not f*ck with them". Also it would spur some competition for people who are into that. 8)