Nice to meet you guys~

• Nice to meet you guys~

Hi guys~!

My name is Jenna, and I am 18 years old and I'm from Scotland. orz
      I've been playing Black Desert on the Russian server for probably only like a week now, and have just pre-ordered a package for the EU release, so y'know, hyped for that :mylove:

I also no life Vindictus like hell if that's of any interest to anyone. :')

I'm currently a 25 Rogue (Zarase) & 30 Ranger (JennaLou)
      Also have a Beast Tamer named Lynox but she's level 1 soooo y'know.
      So far I have encountered zeeero English players and I have absolutely not a clue how I'm doing, but I'm faiiiirly confident that I'm doing okay on it. Absolutely none of my friends play it, at all, so y'know it would be pretty cool if I could meet some fellow people on the Russian servers to talk to and guide me - aka tell me I've been doing everything wrong - or a group of friends for the EU servers when it's released. Guilds would be cool too but either way. :whoknows:

I have a Skype and that's mainly what I use, though I also have Raidcall installed, and am not opposed to installing any other software as long as people realise I'm a total noob to basically everything else.

So yeah. This has been me and I look forward to meeting you guys o/

BDO RUS - Zarase (Sorceress)
      JennaLou (Ranger)
      Lynox (Beast Tamer)

BDO EU - tbc
    • Oh jeez I meant to say sorceress. I don't know how the hell I got that mixed up, sorry!
      Thank you though. And yes! I can't believe someone else just got the reference, you're the first to get it. It is indeed! :')

JennaLou (Ranger)
      Lynox (Beast Tamer)

BDO EU - tbc
    • They do have some similarities, the wizard is closer to a rogue though since he gets a shank with extra crit stabs. lol

Suikoden V is one of my all time favorite RPGs along with NieR and Radiata Stories, and I have a really good memory for names. A sorceress seems like a good match for the character too.
    • I'm sure it's because a while back before the RU version came out, I watched a video where someone continually referred to the sorceress as a Rogue, and I thought that was the case for ages. I still slip up sometimes, bad habit ah.

Suikoden is my all time favourite RPG series in general, I adored all of them and I tend to name most of my characters on games after characters from that series (I have Zegai, Siyaleeds, Kythari.. I will go to any length to get a variation of one). It's unbelievable how happy meeting someone else who has even heard of the game makes me. Most people I speak about it to have never even heard of it so it's actually refreshing to meet someone who understands the love for it. Others just assume because they've never heard of it, and that it's not as hyped as things like Final Fantasy, then it's not as good. It's sort of depressing.

And yep, exactly what I thought when I made her ;) Also tried to make her resemble her namesake.

Also, this newbie post restriction thing came as an unpleasant surprise, my gosh.

JennaLou (Ranger)
      Lynox (Beast Tamer)

BDO EU - tbc
    • I played the old ones ages ago but I didn't really get into the series until the fourth one, that one and the fifith one were really well done all around. I've played pretty much every RPG that is worth playing, most of them I still play from time to time on my PS2 emulator. PS2 had a ton of amazing RPGs, I was actually going through Suikoden V again before the BDO RU version came out. Now i'm just kind of in between waiting for BDO NA to take shape and fighting off boredom in the meantime.
      Also Final Fantasy has been going downhill, FFXIII was just a hallway simulator. XV looks promising but I doubt it's worth getting a PS4 for, if I did end up getting one it'd be for the combined temptation of FFXIV, Persona 5, KH3, and the next Star Ocean.

I approved of this post and any of the other restrictions should be lifted after you make a couple more posts, trust me though if we didn't have all these restrictions this forum would be overrun with gold sellers and other spam like the official forum is.
    • Oh yeah I'm thankful for them! I just was taken back by it a little. I thought the fourth one was incredible, and honestly it's my favourite right next to Suikoden II because it was a masterpiece to me. Although everyone else says that IV is the game that ruined the series. I was doing the same with Suikoden IV, I almost completed it again until I saw that RU came out and I just couldn't stay away. I'm still tirelessly playing BDO until the next Vindictus update, so I feel you on the passing the time thing. As much as I feel I understand BDO RUS now, it would be nice to understand a little more because the English patch I have isn't the most accurately translated and a lot of them make zero sense.

I'm the same with FF though. I really did not enjoy the most recent games. I think if they had been standalone games and not marketed as part of the Final Fantasy series I would have enjoyed them more, but I held Final Fantasy to a higher standard than those games gave me. XV does look good though, I won't deny it. I'll probably be investing in a PS4 for that, Persona and KH3. I'm a weakling when it comes to trying games, honestly.

JennaLou (Ranger)
      Lynox (Beast Tamer)

BDO EU - tbc
    • Yeah there's a lot of nonsense in the translation patches. The English in the NA version of BDO is a lot better at least, still hoping they do something about the unbalanced potions, economy, and p2w issues by the first CBT though. They hinted at some things being fixed in their latest Q&A but ultimately dodged all the important questions.

FFXIV was really good but I played it in the beginning when there wasn't enough content to keep me paying a sub and by the time they added enough it was too much of a hassle to get back into it. The FF7 remake is another point of temptation for me though, I liked the overall steampunk style and story of that one the best. Though FF8 had a lot of style and interesting plot points as well, such as the ending.

Decent RPGs are far and between these days though, atm the only other ones i'm going to definitely be getting are BDO, Dark Souls 3, and hopefully Dragon's Dogma Online if it makes it out of Japan.
    • The helpful vets would be nice lol ;( So far I think I have the grips of the combat, housing system, and questing. The rest of it I'm lost on. And I could be totally off on everything else too. But we shall see. It'll be an adventure, I guess. xD

JennaLou (Ranger)
      Lynox (Beast Tamer)

BDO EU - tbc
    • The nodes are where I'm lost. Totally and completely lost. I can figure out most stuff, and I've not had any difficulties so far, but I'm not going to lie - the whole nodes, and connecting them for trading and stuff has got me lost. It's so frustrating. I'll need to spend more time on these guides then, I've looked into a couple but never spent too much time on them, and it's high time I start to so I can have it down for the EU release. On the brightside at least I've got a feel for the gameplay, map, and initially infuriating mount taming system in time.

JennaLou (Ranger)
      Lynox (Beast Tamer)

BDO EU - tbc
    • The short version is you go to the nodes nearest to one of the cities and invest contribution points at the node manager at that location, once you've done that you can send workers there to gather materials and any items that come from that area can then be sold on the trade market at full price. Once you've invested in a node you can connect it to the ones adjacent to it the same way you unlocked the first one.

Once you've made the initial investment into a node and unlocked it you can invest more contribution points to upgrade it which will increase your chances of mobs dropping loot there.