Can't extract BlackDesertIcon.ico

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Can't extract BlackDesertIcon.ico

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the game installation. After dowloading full data via pmang (BlackDesert_live_20150930.exe and BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip) occurs a message error: 'Can't extract BlackDesertIcon.ico'.

I've successfully registred on blackdesertonline.jp so that's not a problem. I and a few my friends have the same error.

The .exe file is installing empty .paz files everytime.

I've tested the .zip file with HaoZip and it found some mistakes (polish language):
      1 Paz\PAD00302.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      2 Paz\PAD00305.PAZ: Błąd sumy kontrolnej CRC, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      3 Paz\PAD00335.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      4 Paz\PAD00336.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      5 Paz\PAD00337.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      6 Paz\PAD00338.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      7 Paz\PAD00339.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      8 Paz\PAD00334.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip
      9 Paz\PAD00441.PAZ: Błąd danych, plik jest uszkodzony C:\Program Files\Black Desert\BlackDesert_live_20150930_1.zip

Does anyone know how to fix it or how to install this game correctly step by step? I spent a long day to solve it and i still don't know what's going on... should I download these files once again or maybe older version is necessary?
    • scarybook wrote:

I had watched this video and many others. I redowloaded these files, tested the .zip archive again and everything is alright now. So I think the problem is solved. Thanks all the same ;)

It's good you can redownload very quickly then. I would be sad if i had to. It took me like 8 hours to download 23 GB, and I have monthly limit of 60 GB.

But good thing for me everything worked in the first try.
    • scarybook wrote:

I have downloaded many versions of this game for almost 3 days. I have what I wanted to now but I have different problem - I cannot patch the game with any english patcher...
      What do you mean you cannot?

Can you get in-game without English patcher?

You have to always FIRSTLY get in-game without English patcher. Then, after you are in-game successfully, you can logout, and apply the English patch.

This is the one I use
      reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline…for_kr_jp_and_ru_servers/

Select the JP one, and extract to BDO Live folder.