Lore research

• Lore research

Hi,

I'm trying to do a recopilation of BD lore and translating it to Spanish but, as many of you, I don't know Korean or Russian (may with google translate.. but I don't trust that app a lot) so I'm looking for all the lore anb background information in english (I have all the information from worldwidegamewatchers.com/tagged/black-desert and blackdesert.wikia.com/wiki/Black_Desert_Wiki but it's too little).

My request is for all the players who are playing the game, if you want to help me and all the other people who want's to know more... Can you write here all the lore things you see in the game? I wan't to know history, culture, festivities... every thing that can be useful for a better RP. I want to know more about races and classes background too.

I'll be incredibly grateful.

What I have:

- History of Calpheon and Serendia (from worldwidewacthers)
      - A brief introduction to Media and Valencia (from the wiki)
      - I'm translating the four chapters of the story written by Ike and Apollonius (and I want to ask them for permission to post the story once I've ended the translation) There are useful details of Valencian culture but I don't know if they are 100% trusty or accurate.

Thanks in advance to all who help.
      One world is not enough to live on
    • Hey! So I found some information when looking between the Russian lore and the Pearl Abyss lore from their sites (through translations of WWGW & other snippets of lore). The Russian lore + the lore for other games absolutely don't match up. They're different. I even went through and like... re-translated the Russian lore from google translate / their website when I thought it was the lore EU/NA would be getting, only to be like whatttt???

The whole thing about Valenica refusing to sell stones / Calpheon wanting to buy them up is stuff you hear about in videos -- which is the PA/Daum lore. The Russian lore has stuff about a completely different and benevolent king (who is much different from Dahad and Guy Serric), and the war plays out completely differently.

I think it depends on the publisher. NA + EU are Daum so I think Pearl Abyss/Daum's lore is the way to go. I wouldn't translate the Russian lore since that might be only for their game?

Over at BlackDesertRoleplayers.com we're trying to figure out the lore and stitch it together (under the lore tab). CM_Oli was also kind enough to answer a question (which is detailed on the first page of the site) but it seems like a full English site isn't too far away. That's when we'll have a definitive look at the lore!
    • Yes, it is a safe bet to say KR lore will be ours given we have the same publisher. The other thing is, while I am sure RU works with KR on the Russian version of BDO, I am sure that is only up to a certain point. I'm noticing a trend with certain regions, Russia being one of them, coding on top of the games they get and changing them, themselves. As such, that region's localization is likely to be stronger given it is handled locally..thus lore Russians are more likely to identify with.

The moment you said benevolent king, I was like..yup, sounding like some Russian folklore righ'churr!

Side note...

There are only so many active threads in the Roleplay subforum, so stop whoring out your website in every thread. Those plugs aren't subtle...
    • blackghost7 wrote:

Yes, it is a safe bet to say KR lore will be ours given we have the same publisher. The other thing is, while I am sure RU works with KR on the Russian version of BDO, I am sure that is only up to a certain point. I'm noticing a trend with certain regions, Russia being one of them, coding on top of the games they get and changing them, themselves. As such, that region's localization is likely to be stronger given it is handled locally..thus lore Russians are more likely to identify with.

The moment you said benevolent king, I was like..yup, sounding like some Russian folklore righ'churr!

Side note...

There are only so many active threads in the Roleplay subforum, so stop whoring out your website in every thread. Those plugs aren't subtle...

Yikes. This is quite literally the second place I've mentioned it, the other being the thread I personally made. Any other site mentions (aka whatever else you're seeing) are not ours / our site. OP wanted to have lore sources and our lore tab is slowly trying to collect things that he can potentially take & translate. It's relevant.

Anyway, to keep this on topic, folks over at WWGW today translated the Mediah lore: worldwidegamewatchers.com/post…story-of-media-media-as-a