PVE server?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• @Arzekial seems you have no idea what you are talking about. ArcheAge has no open PvP. And your ideas about popularity are total shit. Popular does not mean better in any point. Mobas are more popular than any MMORPG, so what the hell are you searching here? Go play mobas. To say open world is worse than instances in general is really retarded too. Of course in MMORPG open world is better. In any game open world is better. Not to mention it is obvious you have never played a game with open world or FFA PvP. And about the PK system here, it is not new, it is the same system as that in Lineage 2 GoD, which is a total failure.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

• Ikcen wrote:

@Arzekial seems you have no idea what you are talking about. ArcheAge has no open PvP. And your ideas about popularity are total shit. Popular does not mean better in any point. Mobas are more popular than any MMORPG, so what the hell are you searching here? Go play mobas. To say open world is worse than instances in general is really retarded too. Of course in MMORPG open world is better. In any game open world is better. Not to mention it is obvious you have never played a game with open world or FFA PvP. And about the PK system here, it is not new, it is the same system as that in Lineage 2 GoD, which is a total failure.
      I don't know why I'm responding because you completely misunderstood pretty much everything I wrote the first time.

First of all they aren't my ideas. I'm just pointing out statistics. Also, don't assume you know anything about what I have and have not played because you have no idea.

I also didn't say open world was worse than instances, and I was using the mobas as an example to make a point which you completely missed.

Oh, and look ArcheAge open PVP: archeage.gamepedia.com/World_PvP - I think you have no idea what you're talking about.
    • Arzekial What statistics, show us links, or it is only your personal delusion. And I do not care what some amateurs write about ArcheAge, it has no open world PvP - it has factions, limited time and areas for player's fights, not to mention except very limited castle sieges and Hasla, there is no real PvP at all, only friendly fight without any competition and consequences and trade loot witch is a clear PK. To read random stuff in internet doesn't give you knowledge.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ikcen ().

• Arzekial wrote:

LadyZenith wrote:

Don't waste time with him, he wants to play the WOW clones he so much loved, so he can celebrate people like him destroyed Black desert. Lets not lose our nerves about it too. There are billions of idiots on this planet.
      lol... Seems you've already lost your nerves. Resorting to insults when someone simply expresses an opinion speaks volumes about someone.
      So does joining a forum and not reading half of the threads about the same topic.
    • Taekyu wrote:

Arzekial wrote:

LadyZenith wrote:

Don't waste time with him, he wants to play the WOW clones he so much loved, so he can celebrate people like him destroyed Black desert. Lets not lose our nerves about it too. There are billions of idiots on this planet.
      lol... Seems you've already lost your nerves. Resorting to insults when someone simply expresses an opinion speaks volumes about someone.
      So does joining a forum and not reading half of the threads about the same topic.
      Did you just feel an overwhelming need to jump in on this? You have absolutely no idea whether I've read any of them or not. Bye.
    • Yeah If I feel like it I will insult you. Iv got no problem with that.

And also there is a good reason as all the big MMO's that I had hope for got ruined and turned to a trash game, preferably in later closed betas on open beta stages. So you want me to be calm and nice about it when some asshole like you comes around and starts praising what they did? As if you do not have hundreds of WOW clones to play already, you had to bring yourself here and mock the people that are desperate for open world sandbox game with PVP freedom, and its less them month after they got screwed up completely by daum and then you are surprised somebody insults you? You insult way more by your behavior, and it matters not what words you use to do it.
      Ancient struggles of LadyZenith the unforgiving:
      archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740
    • Arzekial wrote:

Taekyu wrote:

Arzekial wrote:

LadyZenith wrote:

Did you just feel an overwhelming need to jump in on this? You have absolutely no idea whether I've read any of them or not. Bye.
      It's implied by the things you choose to write, not hard to figure out.
    • LadyZenith wrote:

Yeah If I feel like it I will insult you. Iv got no problem with that.

And also there is a good reason as all the big MMO's that I had hope for got ruined and turned to a trash game, preferably in later closed betas on open beta stages. So you want me to be calm and nice about it when some asshole like you comes around and starts praising what they did? As if you do not have hundreds of WOW clones to play already, you had to bring yourself here and mock the people that are desperate for open world sandbox game with PVP freedom, and its less them month after they got screwed up completely by daum and then you are surprised somebody insults you? You insult way more by your behavior, and it matters not what words you use to do it.
      That was my point. People that throw insults instead of trying to have a conversation only show how incapable they are at dealing with people in a constructive manner.

You really didn't need to immediately go on the offensive. I had no intention to come here to mock anyone. I didn't know they had made any promises or made changes to PVP. I just recently started following the game, and was just expressing my opinion about the game after browsing through the forums and watching some videos of the game. Yet you just assumed I came here to rub in your face, something I didn't even know about?
    • Arzekial you do not express you opinion about the game, but about the games in general, starting with retarded pve servers, and finishing with retarded instances. Not to mention you proved your subjective points with nothing, nor logic, neither statistics. The fact most of the games these days have casual, pve, broken worlds, shows nothing. There is about 640 millions of MMO players worldwide, and less than 8 millions of them play WoW. Do you know what that means? WoW is a failure, and every MMORPG with less players is a failure too. That means all of the marketing models for MMO games used till now are wrong. And you are just a casual noob who has no idea what he is talking about, and even more, who does not want to learn or to think. You come here to PvP with words, but at the same time you are asking for pve servers. Very hypocritical.
    • Ikcen wrote:

Arzekial you do not express you opinion about the game, but about the games in general, starting with retarded pve servers, and finishing with retarded instances. Not to mention you proved your subjective points with nothing, nor logic, neither statistics. The fact most of the games these days have casual, pve, broken worlds, shows nothing. There is about 640 millions of MMO players worldwide, and less than 8 millions of them play WoW. Do you know what that means? WoW is a failure, and every MMORPG with less players is a failure too. That means all of the marketing models for MMO games used till now are wrong. And you are just a casual noob who has no idea what he is talking about, and even more, who does not want to learn or to think. You come here to PvP with words, but at the same time you are asking for pve servers. Very hypocritical.
      It does not mean it’s a failure. It means 640 million people all play different games. Not everyone likes the same thing. There are also millions of people that like ice cream. Just because they all don’t like vanilla doesn’t make vanilla ice cream a failure. What kind of logic is that?

Also, in my OP I gave an example of a website to look at for statistics and said do some research. You can also look at Steam’s website for statistics.

I’m done arguing with you. You obviously just see what you want to see. Oh, and you may want to look up the definition of the word hypocrite. You have the basic idea, but your use of the word is incorrect.
    • Arzekial it means there is no game with major market share, even WoW. And you gave no link to any statistic. I can look on may places, but if you want to prove something, you must give a link to it.

'640 million people all play different games. Not everyone likes the same thing'. Exactly so your logic how the game with pve servers, or instances, or limited PvP will be very successful is wrong. WoW uses the same model, but that does not lead to significant market share.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ikcen ().

• :noway: So much aggressivity all over this forum (particularily from one member :P ), as soon as a more PvE oriented player open his mouth.

Now I've only been browsing this forum for the last days and from what I understand from the various topics, BDO was initially designed as wild PVP friendly and so appealing to a specific audience (apparently making for most of the first registered forum members).

Then it seems the game took a turn into a less wild PVP friendly design. The frustration of these players is legitimate but venting it on player with different interests than them is not. If you want to blame someone, blame the game company if they promised you something they did not apport in the end.

"Pro-PKers" are not wrong, "Pro-PvErs are not wrong, anymore than Vanilla-lovers or Chocolat-lovers are not wrong for liking a different flavor. People enjoy (yes they do!) different kind of MMO experience, and it's not because it's not the same than what one seeks, than it is not fun for them.

It's very easy to understand unless being completely self-centered and closed-minded.

The current state of the game being as it is, I guess more PvE oriented players who will discover the game might start to join this forum unless they get scared of by the insults tossed around :P

This leads me to a more conceptual question about this forum: Does black-desert.com welcome every player (as long as they're not troll :P ) being interested in the game regardless of the reason they like the game, or only player-profile matching the initial design of the game?

Back on the initial quesion, about distinct PvP and PvE servers for BDO. I don't know and I guess the developers do not really know as well. Living in MMORPG market seems quite hazardous.

As of today the current design seems to go for a PvP servers with penalties for PKing, promoting a relatively safe environement to do PvE in peace most of the time.

So the only thing I can guess if that if they would be going for both PvP and PvE-only servers, they would have to make the PvP server with low or zero penalty for PKing, while locking completely PKing on the PvE servers. Else I don't see much interests for Pro-PKers or Pro-Pvers.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Valkelys ().

• Valkelys wrote:

This leads me to a more conceptual question about this forum: Does black-desert.com welcome every player (as long as they're not troll ) being interested in the game regardless of the reason they like the game, or only player-profile matching the initial design of the game?
      I've actually said flat-out that I'm a more rp and pve-oriented player (although I'd be willing to endure pvp because it seems worth it for BD... at least for now) and I was welcomed with open arms. Honestly, pvpers and pvers do get along here from what I've seen, it's just that there's a lot of frustration because the plans for pvp for the game originally were amazing, but it's changed since then.

Anyway, it wouldn't make sense to add a pve server if it's a pvp-gvg oriented game.
      To seek revenge may lead to Hell /
      But everyone does it if seldom as well.
    • undeliberate wrote:

Anyway, it wouldn't make sense to add a pve server if it's a pvp-gvg oriented game.

Is it? (It's not a rethorical question, I'm really asking it :p)
      What kind of feature is there currently in the game towards GvG? Is there Castle siege or stuff for a guild to conquer ?

And if there was PVE server it does not mean that there would be absolutely no PvP, or GvG possible, it would however be consensual, only people interested by it would join it.

There is many players that enjoy tackling PvE content (solo or cooperatively) in peace without having to worry about PKers, and alternate with participating into PvP or GVG. They just don't like doing both at the same time. That's the kind of players that would benefit from a PVE server.
    • Valkelys wrote:

There is many players that enjoy tackling PvE content (solo or cooperatively) in peace without having to worry about PKers, and alternate with participating into PvP or GVG. They just don't like doing both at the same time. That's the kind of players that would benefit from a PVE server.
      Ohh, I see. I'd actually like a server like that.
      To seek revenge may lead to Hell /
      But everyone does it if seldom as well.