Can Rangers use guns?

• Can Rangers use guns?

Simple question, really. In the seven minute trailer, right as the gates of the fortress under siege (near the end of the video) come down, it appears as if a Ranger is using a very tidy looking rifle to shoot into the invaders. However, none of the other videos I have seen of the class show them with firearms.

Will guns be an option for this class? Speaking for myself, I'd really prefer to use a rifle.
    • ShrikeArghast wrote:

Simple question, really. In the seven minute trailer, right as the gates of the fortress under siege (near the end of the video) come down, it appears as if a Ranger is using a very tidy looking rifle to shoot into the invaders. However, none of the other videos I have seen of the class show them with firearms.

Will guns be an option for this class? Speaking for myself, I'd really prefer to use a rifle.
      Rifle is not a class weapon, is a secondery weapon. Every class can use it but usually is for hunting birds or animals for some quests. I gues you can use it to kill mobs but, if not effective since you need to reload in every shoot you make :/
    • Ike wrote:

ShrikeArghast wrote:

Rifle is not a class weapon, is a secondery weapon. Every class can use it but usually is for hunting birds or animals for some quests. I gues you can use it to kill mobs but, if not effective since you need to reload in every shoot you make :/

That's sad. Even if you look at the earliest firearms, they possessed a situational advantage over the long bow -- they had greater penetrating power at short and medium range. The existence of the earliest muskets virtually obsoleted plate armor in the span of a generation.

Variety is the spice of life. If the animation to shoot the rifle is in the game, why not allow rangers a play style choice between guns and bows? It could simply be a class perk of being a ranger -- the option to choose slow, short ranged and powerful over fast, long ranged and less powerful.
    • ShrikeArghast wrote:

Ike wrote:

ShrikeArghast wrote:

That's sad. Even if you look at the earliest firearms, they possessed a situational advantage over the long bow -- they had greater penetrating power at short and medium range. The existence of the earliest muskets virtually obsoleted plate armor in the span of a generation.

Variety is the spice of life. If the animation to shoot the rifle is in the game, why not allow rangers a play style choice between guns and bows? It could simply be a class perk of being a ranger -- the option to choose slow, short ranged and powerful over fast, long ranged and less powerful.
      yo

hmm rangers using guns i say no :d
      but i saw allots of dwarfs in the movie maybe they will be the new race to play and can use guns:d pub.game.daum.net/common/popup…d=v5f743PNPUz3U37ZN6ZPNZY see the link
    • Since you have to aim, I'd say it doesn't really matter. You can even think of magic pistols (no ammunitions then) and it should work ;)
      If there is no solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it. If there is a solution to the problem then don't waste time worrying about it.”

― Dalai Lama XIV
    • "Variety is the spice of life. If the animation to shoot the rifle is in the game, why not allow rangers a play style choice between guns and bows? It could simply be a class perk of being a ranger -- the option to choose slow, short ranged and powerful over fast, long ranged and less powerful."

I would personally much rather use bows and crossbows to guns, but I agree with where you are coming from. I am ranger/hunter/scout obsessed, and I have been hyped as hell researching this game, thinking about making a ranger and probably a tamer alt.

But after watching a few videos I have massive issues with the ranger class combat. Quite frankly I blame Tera and games similar for turning rangers into some stupid fast firing acrobat. The whole 'shoot 5 arrows in a 2 second volley' is ridiculous, looks terrible and feels terrible to play.

A ranger should be a powerful long ranged attacker with tactical tools such as traps, slows and poisons, not some breakdancer shooting out rapid fire party streamers. It has already become clear that everyone (that I have read comments from) is sick of the flashy garbage in general, and it certainly doesn't suit a ranger. If guns meant I could follow this playstyle more closely then sign me up, it could even be the male ranger version, call it a Rifleman or Tactician (ie. traps, poisons as well as a rifle).
    • So... outside of hunting birds and animal quest... i think you could be able to use it well during a castle seige long distant shots from castle walls besides that maybe they can use the gun for dungeons for example... shooting and rope to make an elevator rise or fall.... or hitting lever switch.. idk i'd be so of disappointed if you can't use the gun for only killing animals.