One major issue with the cash shop

• You meant "clan" is everyone in the clan? No, only leaders and high-rank members who appointed can get to those quests and if they fail once, they will never have other chances to finish it. And thats some bullsh!t chinese's game's strange quest systems. In any way i dont think it suits bd but just indicate some ideas
    フォーラム馬鹿が多い 再び壊れません

私たちはお互いに戦うために理由がない私たちは兄弟であります

• Matta114 wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I have a major issue with being able to sell items from the cash shop on the AH.

reference: steparu.com/previews/mmorpg/16…ser-look-at-the-cash-shop

The cash shop seems great at a first look, you can't directly buy items that will make your character way better than f2p players.

However, buying items for $ on the cash shop like the exp bonus armor, then selling it on the AH right away = essentially buying gold with $. This is exactly what is killing Archeage with buying APEX's and selling them on the AH for gold, then using the gold to buy better gear.

Why do these games continue to implement things that will inevitably cause the players who aren't wallet warriors to quit? It's a vicious cycle, big hype -> wallet warriors win-> servers die-> servers merge-> no new players coming in due to reading all the hate-> game dies.

LOL dont even compare this to AA, this game is nothing like it, im sorry but this is the best cash shop ive seen in a game, i thinks itss bull that you dont want people to be able to buy outfits with there gold, its my silver and ill use it as i please, this game is fine except the karma system that needs to be changed. But this game is no were near p2w. P2W is when there is items in the cash shop that give stat boosts and the only way to get said item is buy using Real money and not being able to buy it with in game money
  • Matta114 wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ah, now try to think. If you have sold the apex when the price was 200 gold, you lost 600 gold.

you are diverting from the original problem. P2W players don't care about losing 600 gold they will just buy more and more and more to always be ahead.

Bound cash shop items would prevent this.

phamtruong1992 wrote:

You meant "clan" is everyone in the clan? No, only leaders and high-rank members who appointed can get to those quests and if they fail once, they will never have other chances to finish it. And thats some bullsh!t chinese's game's strange quest systems. In any way i dont think it suits bd but just indicate some ideas

Bro put a shirt on
  • Swartalfar wrote:

Korean MMOs do this since ages. And there is no problem. sure the one selling the items gets ingame money. But also people who dont have the real money to buy in the item mall profit from that cuz its kinda the only way to get cash shop items for them. In the korean mmo's i played it always worked well

Yes it's like cancer it always existed, it still kill us but now we can live with it longer and suffer a bit less, so it's ok.

Fucking retards.
  • Fei wrote:

One major issue with the cash shop[/url]']

Swartalfar wrote:

One major issue with the cash shop[/url]']Korean MMOs do this since ages. And there is no problem. sure the one selling the items gets ingame money. But also people who dont have the real money to buy in the item mall profit from that cuz its kinda the only way to get cash shop items for them. In the korean mmo's i played it always worked well

Yes it's like cancer it always existed, it still kill us but now we can live with it longer and suffer a bit less, so it's ok.

Fucking retards.

At least at the cancer part i do agree with X(
  • Mizuho wrote:

Fei wrote:Swartalfar wrote:Korean MMOs do this since ages. And there is no problem. sure the one selling the items gets ingame money. But also people who dont have the real money to buy in the item mall profit from that cuz its kinda the only way to get cash shop items for them. In the korean mmo's i played it always worked well

Fucking retards.[/quote]At least at the cancer part i do agree with >_<[/quote]

I personally don't like tradable cash shop items either - however on free to play servers it is almost a financial necessity... again a pay to play server with non tradable items for me is ideal.. it would be interesting to take a poll possibly on this subject .... how many people would pay to play on a non tradable cash shop server or play on a totally free tradable cash shop server?
  • Well, look, I would allow trading of cashshop items, but it would all have to be fashion only. Nothing that influences real balance of the game. Anything except that and the game goes to crap. The same happens if you limit player to player trading in any way, it just kills it, kills all the freedom, all this stuff.

As it comes to the vote, let me guess, 90% of the people would vote P2P + free trading + player shops, because that is the only truly balanced and fair system. The problem is devs and publishers do not use it anymore, cause FTP + cashshop system tend to earn way more money from the people that tend to spend 20x more in the caschchop then the others, averaging in greater income then the global subscription model would bring. And thats where the problem is really. + We have already seen some really bad games try to combine the two, for example ESO had both cashshop and P2P... and how many (sorry I have to say it) retard bought the horrible game anyway...
    Ancient struggles of LadyZenith the unforgiving:
    archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740
  • The problem is not P2W, the problem is when P2W destroys the game. P2W is the trend everywhere, even many of solo RPGs are P2W. And there is no big drama, because people are ready to pay. But BDO is not just P2W, it is play to pay. The ultimate goal is to dress up your characters and you can do it only if you buy gear from the cash shop.
  • Ultimoos wrote:

People did that for AA. Result was clear, western players wanted subscription with cosmetic items cash shop only. However pay2win model earns you more money than subscription (at least in short term). And we all know how it ended for AA. I can not understand how a developer can walk exactly same path to failure.
    Easy answer. Because despite the failure it earned enough money to pay for itself. By that point, AA in Korea and Russia was already doomed, hacks, bots, stupid updates ruining the game, all of it, so why not milk those in the rest of the world too... and thats exactly what Trion did with it.

The FTP concept is the most viable if your game is bad. Actually, in the past, it was a sign of a bad game. The big AAA mmo's ran P2P and then you had the B grade FTP mmos which were in hundreds and none really cared. The rules still apply, if you have no hope in your project and you know its bad, but the possibility to milk it is high... horray, FTP + cashshop and you will have you money in no time. Until people stop being retarded and stop actually buying shit in the cashshop, nothing will change.
  • Ultimoos wrote:

People did that for AA. Result was clear, western players wanted subscription with cosmetic items cash shop only. However pay2win model earns you more money than subscription (at least in short term). And we all know how it ended for AA. I can not understand how a developer can walk exactly same path to failure.
    archeage the people in the community were actually encouraged to scam others - the joke is behind it - the biggest scam was what the publisher themselves pulled off
  • LadyZenith wrote:

The FTP concept is the most viable if your game is bad. Actually, in the past, it was a sign of a bad game. The big AAA mmo's ran P2P and then you had the B grade FTP mmos which were in hundreds and none really cared. The rules still apply, if you have no hope in your project and you know its bad, but the possibility to milk it is high... horray, FTP + cashshop and you will have you money in no time. Until people stop being retarded and stop actually buying shit in the cashshop, nothing will change.
    This is the chinese model and it works flawlessly at least in china theres ftp p2w games that make over 20 Million $ in its first month and the devs know it so they code a shitty p2w game that earns shitloads of money in the first months just to let the game die and pump out a new one that costs them roughly 80k to develope, rinse and repeat.
    There is a very nice GDC talk about this its called 100'000$ whales look it up.
    it's insane how they exploit their cultures drive for competitiveness and milk out soo much money from this human instict to be better than the other.
  • Not better Mizuho , better dressed. You cannot put competition in the P2W cage. In fact these things are opposite. But your favorite dress up playing - oh, see my armor is shiny, new and better than yours - that is easy to become P2W. PvP, where you can easily lose your gear and real competition among the players, driven by their playing skills, cannot be exploited with P2W. That is why the competition and FFA PvP were removed from BDO, ArcheAge, Tera, Lineage 2 and many other games.
  • Actually there is this game in development called Wolfknights online, that takes this to a new level. It is designed to recycle itself. It is an mmo where you actually race to the top (you can bet there will be many cashshop stuff to help you on the way) and after a while when people get there, boom it will get wiped and next round. No endgame needed if your game is designed to have none! Ha! ... Geez.... Now they can skip the new game development and just recycle the one game a couple of times. I can already imagine it, add few classes, few new armors, new dungeon, and next round guys! Yes,all race to the end! Buy our stuff to get there even faster yaiii! Agh... how in the hell anyone wants to play this... ever.
  • Ikcen wrote:

Not better Mizuho , better dressed. You cannot put competition in the P2W cage. In fact these things are opposite. But your favorite dress up playing - oh, see my armor is shiny, new and better than yours - that is easy to become P2W. PvP, where you can easily lose your gear and real competition among the players, driven by their playing skills, cannot be exploited with P2W. That is why the competition and FFA PvP were removed from BDO, ArcheAge, Tera, Lineage 2 and many other games.

thing that's bad about it is that they know the majority of the community wants sandbox - the community is willing to pay for it but my guess is that the cost of maintaining mmo's long term just doesn't have as high of a payoff as a quick hyped up cash grab. Maybe people will stop playing these games all together here soon enough and just grow tired of the fake promises then they can all go back to coding some accounting software and counting beans