Graphic Enhancements?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Graphic Enhancements?

So I have BDO installed and it runs great, I run everything on max and get roughly 40 fps. Unfortunately though the graphics I'm seeing in game seem to be lack luster in comparison to some of the videos and screenshots I see of the game. I don't know if this is just how the game looks, but when I see my character and other models, there's this sort of grainy-ness to the texture, like some sort of sand-washed texture. Is there anyway to remove the grain and make the textures smoother? Maybe it's a setting on my local graphics? I've been messing around with settings to no avail. Is there anyone out there with the same issue I have?

Examples:
      imgur.com/KtNysvb,L96ej8J,xqNkFm8

Computer Specs for reference:

Processor
      AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor
      Speed: 3.5 GHz

Video Cards
      Card 1: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB
      Card 2: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3GB

RAM
      CORSAIR XMS 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1600

OS
      Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Storage
      SSD: 128gb Samsung 840
      HDD: 1tb Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nukam ().

• Tough to tell since I dont know what it looks like on my computer but this is the same shot of my character.

Sager laptop, integrated onboard HD4600. 1920x1080, fullscreen, High 2, High settings:

Same laptop and game settings as above with nVidia 870m enabled (all defaults in nVidia control panel).

Always hard to say looking at various images online but these seem to be far less grey and have far better antialiasing without giving up detail. You can cursor to the upper right and expand the picture to full resolution for a better view. I ran AMD vid cards in my last desktop (dual 6950s) followed by a 7970 before moving to dual 670s in my current desktop. There were noticeable differences in image quality (some better for AMD and vice versa) between the setups. Try a few different driver versions to see if it is better if you cant get the results you're after in the Catalyst control panel.
    • So far no luck, i've literally tried every graphic setting on the CCC I can mess with but it all either ends up same way or worse. I'm assuming its what Fei said and its the way the game handles textures, not sure, maybe someday I'll find an answer, maybe im being too nit picky, i'll enjoy the game regardless. But if I do find a solution i'll post here first.
    • Penelope wrote:

Could you post a screen shot in a common area that everyone could relate to fairly easy? Something with some good sharp edges with arcs that would show anti aliasing, something close with detail on a face (npc), and perhaps water near by as well? I have found the graphics in game to be fantastic and well above any other MMO.
      Thank you for your answer.
      Gallery Apps is a smart and well-designed gallery replacement for the built-in phone gallery. An intelligent mobile gallery app that displays all your best photos.