Welcome to all

• Welcome to all

Hello, I'm new here. Name of Krzysztof, 26 years old guy coming from Poland. What I'm doing here, that's great question. I'm disabled, able to use only mouse, so probably I'll be never able to play Black Desert. But...
      BD is amazing, probably will be the best MMO in history. Character creation, gameplay, graphics, market and castle mechanics- all are just stunning! I'm really interested in this game, really regret I couldn't play it. You can easly fall in love with character you've just created, no matter how pathetic it may sound :fabulous:
      So I just wanted to join the community to know more about BD and show my appreciation to Appolonius and Ike, since I came here from YT. Great work, guys!

Thanks to Donum-Dei!
    • Thanks for your kind words and welcome to our community. I am sad that you will not be able to play it so feel free to message us with requests for videos of things you wish to see more detailed.

Hope you will have good time staying here and fun with the rest of us till the time of release and even later on :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ike ().

• Asamur wrote:

Thanks for warm welcome! I was afraid you will say "if you can't play it, then what the hell are you doing here?" ;) Glady you didn't. Of course, I'm joking.
      I forgot to add something. Don't hesitate to ask anything!

Welcome Krysztof ! I'm new here as well. The community here is very accepting and outgoing so far. Feel free to chime in on anything. Your opinions, suggestions and conversation are always welcome. You don't have to be able to play to see and comment on something that is basically a work of art. Art can be appreciated by most anyone :)
    • Hi, Krzysztof! I've seen some negative attitude on this site many times but I can probably say that it won't ever go as far as telling you to leave elsewhere because of the difficulties you are dealing with. You're very welcome here and I wish you the best in your future. I really hope you can get a chance to play the game though! Stick around here and enjoy your time. If you need any help with anything, you can ask a lot of us here.
    • Asamur wrote:

Hello, I'm new here. Name of Krzysztof, 26 years old guy coming from Poland. What I'm doing here, that's great question. I'm disabled, able to use only mouse, so probably I'll be never able to play Black Desert. But...
      BD is amazing, probably will be the best MMO in history. Character creation, gameplay, graphics, market and castle mechanics- all are just stunning! I'm really interested in this game, really regret I couldn't play it. You can easly fall in love with character you've just created, no matter how pathetic it may sound :fabulous:
      So I just wanted to join the community to know more about BD and show my appreciation to Appolonius and Ike, since I came here from YT. Great work, guys!

I'm sure you can play the game They make Game pads that you can set up via macros

Example of what I'm using is a Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Command pad - 25 button
      Game Pad averages about 60$ USD and I also use a Razer Naga MMO Gaming mouse with 19 buttons also macro enabled so never give up cause you have a disability but I figured I would post about your comment and maybe help you out so take a look online and see if it could be a good option for you let me know if you have questions always glad to help if I am able to do so

"with the game pads you can choose what button does what in game via a software download right off the company website personally I would go with either Razer or Logitech"

The mouse I have you can choose what buttons does what can program the buttons to do what ever you want on your pc from opening web pages applications or even program them to use your in game skills in any game you're playing for my experience I wouldn't get the 19 button mouse the last 8 buttons on side the mouse are very hard to reach with your thumb Personally if you need a good MMO mouse I would get the Naga Hex 11 button mouse for the side button layout is more convenient"

The post was edited 1 time, last by fathom ().

• fathom wrote:

Asamur wrote:

I'm sure you can play the game They make Game pads that you can set up via macros

Example of what I'm using is a Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard Command pad - 25 button
      Game Pad averages about 60$ USD and I also use a Razer Naga MMO Gaming mouse with 19 buttons also macro enabled so never give up cause you have a disability but I figured I would post about your comment and maybe help you out so take a look online and see if it could be a good option for you let me know if you have questions always glad to help if I am able to do so

It's posts like this that make me wish there was a "like" button on these forums. Great suggestion Fathom. I never thought of that. My wife uses a Razor Naga as well.
      I use a Corsair K30 keyboard and it has Macro record options on the keyboard that you can customize up to 18 macros between 6 buttons. Also you can take the keyboard to another computer and the macros are saved in the keyboard itself. We will find a way Krysztof :)
    • heh glad I could be of use the downside to Gaming items is the price but with that being in mind if it aids you in what you do then it is worth it

For my gaming setup I use a Logitech G13 game board a Razer Anansi – MMO Gaming Keyboard and a Razer Naga MMO and I love using them only downside is you need a BIG desk for they take up space
    • Thank you all for suggestions and advices!
      But unfortunetely I'm not able to use any of those devices. To explain why, let me describe my disease and abilities. Muscle atrophy is changing muscles into fat, making me weaker and weaker. It affects to whole my body. Currently I cannot put my hands up, more, I can't use even keyboard. I'm using mouse with two hands, with one finger of each hands on both buttons. Basically I can't use more buttons, even the middle/scroll one. Joysticks or gamepads also won't work, I just can't hold them.
      I'm using Alt Controller software, amazing tool, but doesn't work well with games that use mouse in aiming (FPS, action RPG etc). I've spent days on searching any good (useful and not expensive) devices, then apps. Alt Controller is the best lol Can you imagine controling racing game with mouse? ;) It works, but as I said, has limits.
      Ike will test something for me. If his idea works, I can combine BDO controls with Alt Controller and I'll be able to play. It's unsure, but possible.

Ponix wrote:

It's posts like this that make me wish there was a "like" button on these forums.

Yeah, exactly :)

Thanks to Donum-Dei!
    • fathom wrote:

Oh man that's rough . . .

More annoying ;) I just had to accept I'm not able to play every game I wish to. I have quite huge exp with it. My favorite game, The Witcher, disappointed me a bit. First part of this RPG trilogy was fully controlable with mouse. When I got the info about creating a sequel, I wrote to creators, CD Project Red, they replied it's in pre-alpha stage, they'll think about my ideas and asked me to send message again later. I did. They said it's too late. And now you can't play the game without keyboard. But I still love them :)

Opposite with Total War series from Creative Assembly. Every next game is more accessible, lately they even added on-screen keyboard ingame! Seriously!

Thanks to Donum-Dei!
    • MeteorD wrote:

Only time I tell people to fuck off is if they're trying to change the entire game to have it tailored to themselves rather than wanting to play it for what it is.

Welcome man.

I love this game no matter if can play it. I've never tried to force any changes to any game. But imagine frustration when you can't play sequel of favorite game.

fathom wrote:

The witcher 1-2 is a good game haven't played witcher 3 yet or total war either but the on screen keyboard sounds like a good addition to any game

The Witcher 3 will be released in february. And I'll love it again, looks unbelievable :) Total War is for strategy geeks, it's hardcore RTS ;)

Thanks to Donum-Dei!